Below is what is included in both: My Career Roadmap & My Job Search Roadmap
- Tell us your immediate career needs so we can start working through them while you are developing your roadmap.
- Take assessments to clarify what strengths, personality traits and value you bring to the workplace, explore careers, and define your work-life meaning and value.
- This will become the groundwork for building your brand and helping you choose a career.
- Determine the meaning you want to thread into your career.
- Get into the SUCCESS MINDSET.
- Define success for you, align your life and career goals/values with your career choice, and balance all areas of your life.
- Determine salary growth.
- Define your long-term work-life vision (BHAG) and career exit strategy.
- Map out a plan for career growth from A-Z (depending on where you are on your career path). The plan becomes your action plan for you to follow so that your eyes are always on the long-term goal.
- Develop your “net worth” with your network: addressing the difference between colleagues, mentors and sponsors, the benefits of volunteering, and participating in professional organizations.
- Your strategy will be authentic and aligned with how you want to grow in your career and life so you make the right training or education, look for the right positions, and move forward on the right career path.
- Using what you learn from the first 3 phases, define your personal brand and what value you bring to the workforce with both brand and value (measurable) statements you will use on all of your marketing communications from your business card, resume, LinkedIn profile, individual website, etc.
- Get an overview of how to grow into leaderships, seek promotions, and develop strong teams, and tighten up your strategy for these areas.
- Here is where you can review your salary and look for opportunities to grow it, look for ways to stay relevant and valuable for job security, tighten daily processes, or clear your plate of barriers and misconceptions, and work on maximizing your time and efforts, building your support systems, and scaffolding your knowledge to help you succeed in your long-term goals.
- You will evaluate your progress, and that you work on any specific areas that will help you maximize your efforts to reach your goals.
- If you need to make a career choice, this section will walk you through the process of choosing a career, mapping out your path from A-Z, and evaluating the costs of making that choice (Career ROI) to assure you are on target.
- Utilize our free cover letters and resumes built to convey your brand and value.
- Develop (or redevelop) your communication materials so that you stand out in the crowd.
- Assure you have the correct keywords in your material and LinkedIn profile to get noticed by the applicant tracking systems (ATSs) that many employers and recruiters use to find the best candidates.
- Utilize our step-by-step guide to infiltrate keywords for each job that you apply for, even if found through networking efforts.
- Let our coaches scan and optimize your resume, cover letter, and Linkedin communications for you. Most of our coaching packages come with this option.
- Let us develop and optimize your resume, cover letter, and Linkedin communications for you. Our full-service option can be added to most packages.
- Utilize the Guided Career5 Rapid Job Search Strategy. If looking for a job, you will be guided through steps to submit your resume to the best sites and recruiters
- You focus primarily on a networking strategy to find the right hiring managers to find your job utilizing LinkedIn and other networks.
- You will practice interviewing and salary negotiation techniques so that you stand out in front of the competition.
- Utilize our video prep interviewing software that is industry-specific and will also cover salary negotiations.
- One-on-one career coaching will help you dial in techniques, company-specific strategies, and your value statements that will help you win your job.
- Know when and how to salary negotiate. You only have one shot at this so make it count!
- Research the correct data and build a case using your value (measurable statements).
Utilize our step-by-step plan to make sure you leave on good terms from your position.
Utilize our step-by-step plan to assure you are meeting expectations in your new job.
END RESULT OF ALL OF YOUR WORK: A ROAD MAPPED CAREER STRATEGY! Your Career Strategic Plan
Once you have finished with your road map, you will have a front page mapped out with:
- Where you want to go with your career.
- How you will continue to grow so you can get there.
- Who will help you get there.
- When you want to get there.
- What you need to do (action items) to get there.
You check in with it periodically to keep you on track so you can realize your goals and dreams!