Negotiate for a salary based on your value and proven track record.
Your salary does not have to reside in a fixed range determined by HR. Like any business, your salary should be based on the value you bring to work, and we can teach you how to grow it!
From Glassdoor, "A lot of companies will low-ball an offer, leaving money in the company coffer in case you're the kind of candidate who is unafraid to negotiate. With that in mind, “my rule of thumb is that you should counteroffer between 10 percent and 20 percent above the initial offer,” says Doody
You have one shot at getting a salary based on your value. It's typically assumed you will negotiate higher in some way, even if you feel as if they are offering the best they can offer. A company will tell you if it's unable to go higher or not, but you want to make the most over time because your entire salary trajectory is affected by this one process. Typically, we can help you negotiate for a salary of at least $5K-$20K+ depending on your level.
"I did not even realize how important it was to track my results from the projects and grant money I brought in annually. I was bringing exponentially more in than my colleagues but did not realize that I could negotiate a higher salary based on this. Career5 provided reports, and we strategized efforts to increase my salary by 20% that year based on this value. I was able to travel more and breathe easier with this salary. It also brought unexpected side effects like job security, outside opportunities, and confidence in my ability to provide because I now know how to grow this aspect of my career." - Lisa A.
Ways We Can Work with You to Get You a Value-Based Salary
Focus on Your Value & Measurables
Have a hard time putting your metrics into words? We can help assure you are walking into your salary negotiations with a solid list of what you have done and can do for new job opportunities.
We Research Data to Help You Make Informed Decisions
If you're going to ask for a higher salary, you need hard data from various sources to justify what you are asking. We use your results statements to assess a fair salary increase.
You know what you deserve, now let's practice your approach so you feel confident in asking for the salary you deserve. Always know your coach is with you through the process.
Look Toward Future Growth Opportunities
Want to keep going? Let's strategize new ways to keep you moving forward with your salary growth with new projects, events, etc.
Prepare to negotiate for a value-based (not market-rate) salary (salary ranges, stock options, bonus structures, and desired specs for your new role). We guarantee that you will get at least 2% above the offer or you do not have to pay the 2% fee (base+comp) due within 30 days of starting the role.
How Our Guaranteed Salary Negotiations Service Works:
- We start with a 1 Hour of Strategy Coaching virtual session where we put a case together.
- We spend hours researching data on your salary from various reliable sources.
- We pull top metrics and your proven track record to negotiate for a value-based vs market-rate salary.
- Our job is to try to find their salary "ceiling" so that you feel you are getting the salary you deserve.
- We craft your counteroffer messaging with proven results.
- No Risk Guarantee: We only charge 5% of the incremental compensation we help you achieve. If we negotiate a $10K increase, it would calculate to a $500 fee.
- Results: We have a 98% success rate of getting 5-20+% more above the offer, which will enhance your salary trajectory tremendously.
Two Salary Secrets
- It is recommended to look for a higher position every two years.
- Your salary also has a better chance of increasing more if you move to another company or bring your current company an offer from the outside.
Yes, Ladders came out with a study about this that shows if workers stay within a company for longer than two years over time, they will get paid 50% less vs looking for a new position. You have to stay on top of your own growth... much like growing your own business.
If you want to grow, you will need to move around every 2-5 years. It will bring you more experience and make you that much more valuable.
However, job jumping is not good, so try to stay with your company for at least 2 years. If you have one job here or there where that does not happen, it is not a big deal. Sometimes roles do not work out, there are layoffs, etc.
Ready to find out more?
Most people are able to negotiate $3K-$20K+ more using our strategy.