Land Your Job Interview Using a Consultative Approach
Use a Consultative Mindset
When we approach the interview with a consultative mindset, where we go to in an interview with the #1 intention of listening and figuring out what the company and the people interviewing us need, we are no longer worried about whether we are coming up with the right answer. Instead, we get into an authentic conversation about what is needed from the role and can think of ways to bring the transformation needed. It is a game changer and role playing with interview questions will help you to solidify this method.
Confidence in interviewing comes from truly knowing what value you bring to a role or company.
Many of us have never really sat down long enough to uncover our life's work, our strengths, or the true value we can offer. Once we work with you, you'll leave our sessions with clarity in the value you bring to your work and what makes you stand out. That is when it becomes natural to convey who you are to a potential employer... because it will come from a place of authenticity.
With coaching, we will work through your measurable statements, dial-in mindsets, and assure you know exactly what you bring to the table so you can confidently convey your value and past successes to your new employer. It's easy to get overwhelmed prepping for an interview - we keep it simple and specific by targeting your efforts where they really count! We hone in on areas where you specifically need it!
The Importance of Dialing in Your Value Proposition
When you align your value proposition to the needs of an employer, it is a "win-win". That's why we work with you to define and convey this easily when interviewing. We start with pulling out your resume and carving your value right in, if it is not there already.
"Good Morning. Thought you might like to know. My interview Friday went very well with Western Governors University. While I was speaking to the recruiter, she asked a question which I answered with everything we typed this past Thursday. She made mention that it was an excellent answer. I want to thank you for your time." - Mark C., Senior IT Program Manager
We will work with you to...
- Prepare to interview with your "A" game!
- You send us your resume so we can make sure your results are clear.
- Send us your job description if there is one that you are prepping for.
- We create a custom strategy for your intended role.
- You read through our Interview Prep Lesson in our Rapid Job Search Roadmap© course.
- Work 1 Hour Coach Session Virtually with your coach to customize your solution and work toward your goals for the interview. You can always add another hour later if needed.
- We role-play together where your coach asks interview questions and you practice answering it using the STAR/PAR technique for behavioral and technical questions.
- Dial in your unique brand & value statements.
- Learn ways to stand out in your interview and "close" it.
- Use our Interview Prep Video Practice software
- You get a profile on our Career5 Roadmap® Platform with Action Plan, free resume templates, My Vision Board, job boards, job resources, and labor market info.
Typically for our clients, this package saves weeks of lost wages ($1K+ depending on your weekly salary) and time by landing a job faster and improves salary trajectory by $5-40K+ annually.